The Archaeological Survey of India has initiated steps towards implementation of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
|MANUALS||TOPIC||WHETHER AVAILABLE ON WEBSITE OR NOT||REMARKS, if any|
|Manual - 1||Particulars of organization, functions and duties||Available||About us|
|Manual - 2||Powers and duties of its officers and employees||Available|
|Manual - 3||Rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions||Available||Download More Details by visitingLegislation Section
Archaeological Works Code. (English) (1937,reprint,1979)
National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities (Mandate of the Mission)
|Manual - 4||The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof||Available||Central Advisory Board Of Archaeology ( CABA)|
|Manual - 5||A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control|
|Manual - 6||A statement of the boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies constituted as its part||Available||1.Central Advisory Board Of Archaeology ( CABA) Under Linkhttp://asi.nic.in/asi_excavations.asp
2. Advisory Committee on NOC for construction/mining operations near monuments /sites
Minutes of the 13th meeting
3. Appeal Committee:- Antiquity section conducts appeal Committee meeting for declaring of antiquity or non antiquity of seized objects by enforcing agencies like Central Bureau of Investigation, Police, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Customs, etc. and against the decision of Expert Advisory Committee meeting under section 24 of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972.
4. National Screening & Evaluation Committee:- Deals with issues of Temporary Export Permit (TEP) of antiquities to the Government / non government agencies for exhibition abroad under section 3 of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972. The minutes of the meetings of above committees are accessible for public.
7. National Mission for Monuments & Antiquitieshttp://asi.nic.in/asi_mission.asp
|Manual - 7||The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers||Available||http://asi.nic.in/asi_rti.asp|
|Manual - 8||Procedure followed in the decision making process, including channel of supervision||Available||Download|
|Manual - 9||A directory of its officers and employees||Available||Download|
|Manusl - 10||The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations||Available||Download|
|Manual - 11||The budget allocated to each of its agency||Available|
|Manual - 12||The manner of execution of subsidy programmes||Not Applicable|
|Manual - 13||Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it||Available||1. Financial Assistance for conducting Archaeological excavations and for publication of journals, reports up to Rs. 1.50 Lakhs
2. Financial Assistance for publication of journals, reports up to Rs. 1.50 Lakhs
3. Financial Assistance for preservation of monuments less than 100 yrs. old
|Manual - 14||Norms set by it for the discharge of its functions||Available|
|Manual - 15||Information available in an electronic form||Available||List of some of the books of Central Archaeological Library, Janpath, New Delhi is available at|
|Manual - 16||The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use||Available||1. Central Archaeological Library, National Archives building at Janpath, New Delhi, open for public. 9.30AM - 5.30PM (Sat. day and Sunday Closed)
2. Website - www.asi.nic.in
3. Departmental Publications are available from sale counter at HQ office, ASI Museums sale counter and on some ticketed monuments
4. Cultural Notice Boards on Monuments
5. All the tenders are published in local and national News papers and are also on website.
|Manual - 17||Other useful information prescribed||Available||PG diploma in Archaeology is offered by Institute of Archaeology, Red fort, New Delhi.|